DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by the Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 2018, the GDPR where applicable, and any applicable national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation in respect of personal data;
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Humane Technologies Limited, or us
Humane Technologies Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11143927 whose registered office is at The Venture Centre, University of Warwick Science Park, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, United Kingdom, CV4 7EZ;
Information which is capable of identifying you as an individual (as defined in the Data Protection Laws) and which is collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website;
The website that you are currently using, https://humanetechnologies.co.uk, and any sub- domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Humane Technologies Limited is the "data controller". This means that Humane Technologies Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Personal Data is processed.
Basis on which we process your Personal Data
We process your Personal Data in accordance with this policy on one of the following bases:
3. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products or services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
4. For other purposes not covered above:
a. Where we have sought your consent (for example for marketing purposes) and you have provided consent, on the basis of that consent;
b. Where we have not sought your consent, on the basis of our legitimate interests we have assessed that these are not overridden by your interests. These legitimate interests are as follows:
i. In order to provide our services to our customers and carry out supporting functions such as product delivery, financial administration and customer support.
ii. To market our products and services to customers and potential customers.
iii. To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations that apply to us.
Personal Data collected
5. We may collect the following Personal Data, from you:
b. date of birth;
d. job title;
f. contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
g. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
h. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
i. IP address (automatically collected);
j. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
K. operating system (automatically collected);
l. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to
How we collect Personal Data
6. We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Personal Data that is given to us by you
7. We will collect your Personal Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
Personal Data that is received from third parties
8. Humane Technologies Limited will receive Personal Data about you from the following third parties, and that is made available to you by them:
9. The information that we may receive from the above sources includes personal descriptions (e.g., job, age, sex, interests, etc.) made publicly available by you either via your profile or tweets/comments (we may use this data for statistics/market analysis purposes but not for creating user-profiles), Google Analytics, which collects and processes the IP addresses of the users, purchase and payment information, and address for delivering the purchased product(s).
Personal Data that is collected automatically
10. When you access the Website, we will collect some Personal Data automatically:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Personal Data
11. Any or all of the above Personal Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Personal Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. providing our products and services to you;
b. internal record keeping;
c. improvement of our products / services;
d. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
e. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
12. Where applicable, we will seek appropriate consent to direct marketing to you via e-mail.
13. We may use your Personal Data to show you Humane Technologies Limited adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Humane Technologies Limited adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed "Cookies" below).
Who we share Personal Data with
14. We may share your Personal Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. any of our group companies or affiliates - to ensure the proper administration of the Website and business;
b. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain their services or advice from professional advisers;
c. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
d. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Personal Data secure
15. We will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Data, for exam
a. access to your account (if it exists) is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. if we store any of your Personal Data, we will do so on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
16. Appropriate technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Personal Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Personal Data on our systems for the shorter of the following periods:
b. or for one year.
However, we may retain some Personal Data to enable us to communicate with you about any necessary product updates or licence terms in respect of digital services.
19. Even if we delete your Personal Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
20. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can use the unsubscribe link at any time on our marketing emails. Alternatively, you can contact us using the contact details set out below. You have the following additional rights in relation to your Personal Data (subject to the conditions set out in the Data Protection Laws):
a. Right to access - the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed and where this is the case certain information in relation to that Personal Data. In addition, you are entitled to copies of the information we hold about you. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Personal Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Personal Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Personal Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Personal Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
21. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Personal Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
22. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Personal Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
23. It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
24. Personal Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
25. To ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Personal Data with. This ensures your Personal Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
28. We may also disclose Personal Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
29. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
31. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current applicable law.
32. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Humane Technologies Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
33. This Website may place the following types of Cookies:
a. Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
b. Analytical/performance cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
c. Functionality cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
d. Targeting cookies
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
34. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the “Cookies Schedule”.
35. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser and/or via settings. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
36. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
37. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
38. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
40. You may contact Humane Technologies Limited by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to use at Humane Technologies Limited, The Venture Centre, University of Warwick Science Park, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, United Kingdom, CV4 7EZ.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser and/or via settings.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
This is a cookie set by WordPress when you visit our webpage. The purpose of this cookie is to determine whether your web browser accepts cookies. This is a session cookie and will be deleted when you close your web browser.
This cookie remembers your cookie preferences. This cookie expires in one year.
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
a. _ga, _gid, _gat_gtag_UA_#
These are Google Analytics cookies for understanding how visitors use our website. For example, by collecting anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages. We have implemented Anonymize IP feature of Google Analytics to avoid using your full IP address.
_ga: used to distinguish users; expires in 2 years.
_gid: used to distinguish users; expires in 24 hours. _gat_gtag_UA_#: used to calculate visitors session length; expires in 1 minute.
We use the following functionality cookies:
a. FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
PURPOSE OF COOKIE
We use the following targeting cookies:
a. TARGETING COOKIES
PURPOSE OF COOKIE